|See also: Persona 4 cast
Persona 4 is a melting pot of genres that, on paper at least, looks like a disaster in the making: part dungeon crawler, part Pokémon game, part murder mystery, part school/dating simulator...but, amazingly, it works. It's certainly one of the best and most original RPGs I've played, but that's not going to stop me from poking fun at it.
|Mayumi Yamano Scandal
||Invisible Narrator (IN)
|Glasses worn inside TV
||Hipster Glasses of Clarity +1
||Pokéball / Tarot Card of Summoning
- Gary/Yosuke: Not yet confirmed, but there's attraction on both sides.
- Hot Uncle/Adachi: All those "late nights at work"? Yeah.
- Yosuke/Taylor: Intended beard!
- Namatame/Mayumi/Misuzu: The love triangle that dominates the media and local gossip when Gary arrives in town.
- I'm a Pedophile and It's Okay!: Pedocchio prowls around in his limousine on the hunt for teenage boys, and the local newscasters are a LITTLE too excited by the thought of the teenage Yukiko becoming manager of her family's Inn.
- Omelette du Fromage: Wiggy constantly rants about how much he hates the teenagers in his class, apparently because they have social lives and rising hormones.
- PENIS: Pedocchio's nose. Just look at it. (Also, numerous Personae)
- RICH: I actually quite like Teddie when I'm just playing the game, whereas recapping his dialogue is torturous. To a lesser extent, Chie.
- Shitty Voice Acting: The cast is generally good, but Teddie makes me want to stick knitting needles in my ears.
- The Silent Hero: Gary's dialogue is chosen by the player, and only his Persona calls are voice-acted.
- Touch the Fucking Moogle: If you want to even have a hope of maxing every possible Social Link, you'll need to use a guide AND follow it to the letter.
- The intro is ridiculously long
- Nanako should be in the care of CPS
- Everyone is a fucking gossip
- The Police Department is incompetent (probably because its detectives spend all their time fucking)
- Every important plot point or line of dialogue is repeated ad infinitum
- Some of the catchy, upbeat music is hilariously out of place
- Inaba local news only seems to cover one topic
- The heroes are pretty damn quick to accept the existence of a monster-filled parallel world inside the TV